Happiness and success are two mental states we’d all like to experience more often. These states rarely happen randomly on their own. It takes an intention to experience happiness and success, and the best way to manifest them is with an attitude that supports them.
Your attitude is under your control. A supporting attitude leads to effective actions, and effective actions can lead you to happiness and success.
Adjust your attitudes for greater happiness and success with these strategies:
- Gratitude. If you’re focused on the positive things in your life, it’s a lot easier to experience happiness. But success can also come from gratitude. Gratitude has the power to bring more good things into your life. If you can feel grateful each day, you can expect to have good days ahead.
- Life is short. With this attitude, you’ll be more ready to take action instead of stalling. What others think becomes less important to you as you focus on what you want.
- Failure is good. Success requires failing along the way. If you can avoid harboring negative feelings toward failure, life is easier to manage and success easier to achieve. Imagine all the things you would try if you weren’t afraid of failing!
- You can learn anything. You learned to walk and talk. You could learn to surf and to speak Cantonese. You can learn to be a great public speaker or an accountant. With few exceptions, you can learn to be or do just about anything.
- Cause and effect. You have control over the results in your life. If you drop a bowling ball over your foot, it will fall on your foot. If you do anything, there are consequences, good or bad. The world is very practical. You can create the results you desire through your actions.
- Resilience to criticism. If you’re too concerned by what others think, you’ll be unhappy and unsuccessful. Few people are going to authentically cheer you on in life. In fact, many will try to hold you back. Learn to ignore the naysayers.
Your attitude matters. Obviously, a pessimistic attitude is unlikely to lead to either happiness or success. An attitude of gratitude would be a much more effective way to approach the world.
Ensure that your attitude is giving you the best chance to experience happiness and success. Your attitude is under your control, so do the best you can with it.